You are here
New England Meat Conference
Join fellow farmers, processors, butchers, value-added producers and chefs at this year's New England Meat Conference. 2017 marks our third conference in what will be the industry event of the year for our region. Check out who among your peers will be sharing their work in sustainable and local meat production.
Together we'll explore how we continue growing the New England meat economies, continue developing robust infrastructure and foster business relationships. With over 25 educational sessions, hands-on workshops, and the illustrious Meat Ball, together we will have many opportunities to learn from and network amongst local and national leaders.
The Radisson Manchester Downtown
Sample of Topics:
- Poultry Production & Processing
- HACCP Symposium: Planning for potential problems
- Selling Your Story Through the Web: Social Media and Beyond
- Producing Your Own Value-Added Product
- Whole Animal Purchasing for Institutions: The Hotchkiss School
- Overview of Lean Principles
- Emerging Markets in the Northeast: Challenges and Opportunities
- Pricing for processors: How to choose the best environment for your needs
- Marketing to Large Scale Businesses
- Inventory Management from Pasture to Package
- Pork: Balancing rations with alternative feeds
- Growing the Business to Business Collaboration with the Michigan Meat Network
- A Question of Scale: Getting to Profitability When Raising Sheep
The full schedule can be found at: www.newenglandmeatconference.com/conference.
The Meat Ball
Chopped-style competition where chefs compete for bragging rights. More information to come.
- $349 Full Conference Ticket (includes The Meat Ball & One Night Hotel Stay)
- $225 Full Two Day Conference Ticket (includes The Meat Ball)
- $175 One Day Ticket (includes The Meat Ball)
- $150 One Day Ticket (does NOT include The Meat Ball)
- $45 Single Meat Ball Ticket
*Groups of 3 or more are eligible for a 25% discount off ticket prices. Please contact Erin Allgood at email@example.com in order to receive this discount.
Featured image courtesy of Shelburne Orchards.