You are here
Healthy Food Fuels Hungry Minds: A Stakeholders Conference for School Food
It's indisputable: Good food fuels optimal performance, for adults as well as children. We owe it to our K-12 school children to support what they need to succeed: food that is healthy and delicious. School food is at the heart of closing the achievement gap in our schools.
In this second stakeholders annual conference, join parents, providers, policy makers and advocates as we work together to understand the current climate of school food and develop collaborative ways to to champion and support change.
Registration Fee: $45/individual, $40 pp/group of 3 or more; limited scholarships available
Registration & Full Conference Agenda: https://healthyfoodhungryminds16.eventbrite.com
Featured Speakers & Presenters:
- Chef Daniel Giusti, Founder, Brigaid
- Dr. Tommy Chang, Superintendent, Boston Public Schools
- Michelle Wu, At-Large Boston City Councilor
- Tony Geraci, Consultant, Genuine Foods
- Jeanne Goldberg, Professor of Nutrition, Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Linda Novick O’Keefe, CEO, Common Threads
- Aleshia Hall-Campbell, PhD, MPH, Acting Executive Director, Institute of Child Nutrition
- Melissa Honeywood, Food Service Director, Cambridge Public Schools
- Brendan Ryan, Food Service Director, Framingham Public Schools
- Donna Lombardi, Food Service Director, Worcester Public Schools
- Lisa Feldman, CRC, Director of Culinary Services, Sodexo
- and more!
Brought to you by: Let's Talk About Food, Harvard University Dining Services & Harvard University
Presenting Sponsor: Eos Foundation
Supported by: Massachusetts Association of School Committees
Featured image courtesy of Shelburne Orchards.