You are here
5th Annual Massachusetts Urban Farming Conference
The Massachusetts Urban Farming Conference (UFC) brings local and national experts, advocates, and innovators to support and promote urban farming enterprises across Massachusetts. Our local urban farming community, along with cross-sector partners, will again convene to address challenges, highlight successes and share resources at one of the best educational and networking events for this growing sector in the region.
Click here to purchase tickets, please note, ticket prices are increasing on !
Sample of Conference Sessions:
- Aquaponics and Vermicomposting for Urban Farms
- Understanding the Food Safety/Modernization Act
- Film Showing: “Arc of Justice” and discussion of Community Land Trusts
- Urban and Small Farm Financing 101
- Protecting Intellectual Property in Urban Farm & Food Businesses
- Youth in the Food Industry: Jobs Beyond Fast Food
- The Case for a Smarter and More Integrated Agriculture Industry
- The Economic Impact of Cultural Crop Development
- Rural and Urban Farms: Building Partnerships and New Market Models
- Youth and Entrepreneurship: Models for Success
- Civic Synergy and Urban Agriculture: Democratizing Food Production
- Community Building: Partnerships that Foster a Viable Urban Farming Enterprise
- The Massachusetts Local Food Plan and the Role of Urban Agriculture
- Intensive Production Systems For Urban Farms
- Greenhouse Management
- Food Sovereignty, Urban Agriculture and Neighborhood Impacts
- Crunching the numbers to Crush your Season
- Season Extension Techniques and Tools
- Irrigation Systems for Urban Farms
Back by popular demand:
Karen Washington, Co-Owner, Rise & Root Farm; Co-Founder, Black Urban Growers
Greg Watson, Director For Policy and Systems Design, Schumacher Center for a New Economics
Opening Keynote Presenter:
Curtis Stone, Green City Acres, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
Returning to the MA Urban Farming Conference, Curtis will be the morning Keynote and will also lead several sessions throughout the day. He has traveled around the world, presenting 3-5 day workshops to help urban farmers become more successful and profitable; we are really excited that he will be with us for the 2017 UFC! Many of last year’s attendees have remarked on how they have incorporated techniques and best practices gleaned from his presentations, that said, , you’ll have another opportunity to learn how you too can build a viable and profitable urban farming operation.
Presented by Harvard Pilgrim HealthCare Foundation and merck family fund.
Northeastern University Curry Student Center
346 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02119
Featured image courtesy of Shelburne Orchards.